Thursday, 19 July 2012
Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
Let me know if you would like to see a tutorial!! :)
On the subject of stars, I got my Astro Lamp in the post yesterday! wooo. My boyfriend and I put it together last night and it looks amazing. Star gazing in the bedroom!
Tuesday, 10 July 2012
2. I would really like a retro Casio watch, I don't normally wear watches but the thought came to me after reading Company Magazine's 'Saved by the Bell' inspired fashion page. I love that the 80's/90's are coming back round. Keep it coming!
3. This isn't a specific item, I just need to stock on jewellery! I have my fave pieces which I wear pretty much every day and I want to find some more little bits. I found the perfect little website called 'Kukee' It's so cheap! Will be making my first order very soon! www.kukee.co.uk
4. Love this jumper. Found it on pinterest and I have no idea where I can buy it :( I need it.
5. Now this is a bit of a cheat item... because I already have it. I've wanted this Topshop play suit for so long and I found it in the sale - winning! Love love love it, been wearing it every other day like a loser.
6. Now for the non-fashion related item. I'm going to start a little project. As I've always said one day when I have my own home, I would like a huge map of the world to hang on the wall. I saw this picture on pinterest and thought - I could do that! So I'm going to buy a blank canvas and have a little paint, and hopefully the result will be as good as this! Then eventually I can take it with me to my first home to add a bit of a personal touch :)
These past few weeks have been a massive learning curve for me, as I seem to have found myself at a bit of a dead end. I am once again, unemployed.
Turns out all the hard work and hours I have been putting in for the past 3 months have not benefited me at all. I won't go into it in too much detail but basically it involves a internship and not a very successful outcome!
This has given me a chance to think, and take a good look at myself, and I have come to the conclusion that I am too nice. I seem to go out of my way to please and impress other people, without thinking about myself. I need to learn how to say no to people.
I have always considered myself to be a strong person, but recently I seem to have burst into tears for pathetic reasons, more times than I can remember. Which makes me think that maybe I have been trying to be strong for too long now, and my mind and body can't take it anymore. I have almost 8 years of locked up emotions catching up on me now.
So now is my time to work on myself, have a little cry, and pick myself back up again. I need to spend some time travelling, making music, being with people I love and looking at the beautiful world we live in. Because life is too short.
I don't know what career path I want to take, but hopefully in this time I will find my place.
I will also have more time for blogging! ;)
So here's some snippets of what I've been up to while I've been a bit MIA...
Radio 1 Hackney Weekend, The Eden Project, Hackney Weekend, Summer Classical Concert, Open Mic Night - Jubilee, Family Summer BBQ